When your child needs oral surgery, it’s important that they receive treatment under the direction of trusted dental professionals; at Children and Teen Dental of Georgia, we have a team you can count on! Our practice is dedicated to the health and safety of your child and we are confident in our abilities to diagnose and treat their conditions properly with the highest level of skill and expertise. Oral surgery is provided exclusively at our Hamilton Mill location. If your child is in need of oral surgery, we invite you to contact our team today to schedule their appointment.
What To Expect
When you visit us for your child’s oral surgery, we realize that you will have a lot of questions about the process. Rest assured that we will take the time to attentively address any of your concerns and uncertainties before moving forward. We care about the health and wellbeing of your child, as well as your peace of mind. Whether your child is an established guest at our office or referred here by another dentist, you can expect the following to take place going forward:
- A date will be established for your child’s surgery appointment.
- You will be provided with appropriate information regarding your child’s specific treatment.
- Our oral surgeon will review information from your child’s examinations and x-rays to determine a treatment plan.
- You will be contacted at least seven days prior to the surgery date with additional information regarding your child’s procedural details.
- Your appointment time and date will be finalized
How To Prepare
To ensure the proper care and wellness of your child during surgery and recovery, it is important to acknowledge the following instructions. This will help to promote faster healing and limit the risk of complications.
- Eating or drinking (including water) is strictly prohibited eight hours prior to the appointment time. This is to ensure there is no risk of aspiration once anesthesia has been administered.
- The patient must be accompanied to the office by a parent/guardian or responsible adult that may remain present during the procedure and drive the patient home.
- Please wear low-heeled shoes and loose, comfortable clothing which can be rolled up past the elbow.
- We suggest contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures be left at home as these will need to be removed prior to surgery.
- Lipstick, excessive makeup, and nail polish may not be worn on the day of surgery.
- If your child has an illness, please notify our office. A cold, sore throat, or upset stomach may require that the surgery be rescheduled.
- If your child has oral medications that must be taken routinely, please take these with a small sip of water.
Keeping You Informed At Every Step
When your child visits our office for oral surgery, we can assure you that their oral health needs will be taken care of. Not only that, but our friendly, caring team will ensure your child feels comfortable throughout the process. While we take care of your little one, there will be constant communication with you. This will keep you informed while we perform the surgery that will ensure your child’s health in the future. Call us today for more information or to schedule an appointment.